Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Treading Water

I think I have used those two words more in the last couples weeks than I have my entire life. They pretty much sum up my life lately, not in a negative way, just in a keep on trucking kind of way! Mike is gone in San Fransisco on a missions trip this week with a group of 20 high schoolers and a few leaders. I'm really happy he went and had the opportunity to minister and be ministered too. They are working at food banks, helping the homeless, volunteering at AIDS clinics and hospitals and much more. I've only talked to him three times since they have been there because its a very intense and rigorous mission group they are with. I am so proud of everyone who went and sacrificed their Spring Break to help others. I can't wait to hear their stories when they come home!
But Mike being come leaves me doing a working single parent deal for the week, in which I have seen a lot of God's blessings in! I have some great friends watching Brayden this week and he is just soaking up all the attention and spoiling they are giving him. It's great knowing he is in such capable hands while I have to be away from him. It's been busier though, and I really appreciate all Mike has been doing since I started working, I really haven't had to cook or clean in weeks and this week I am definetely more pressed for time! Somehow I've still been able to get a couple of workouts in, as we're still training for the Race for the Cure on May 8th! I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this stage in the game, thanks to my back to back illnesses and a lingering cough, but I am getting there! Also this week, I am helping do flowers for a wedding in a nearby town. I am really just the apprentice, helping a much more experience friend of mine, do all the flowers for the wedding and reception. We're going to get together on Friday night to get the flowers ready, and spend Saturday doing the wedding! Should be a lot of fun!
Brayden's doing great. His back molars have been in for a few weeks now and his bottom right third tooth is coming in. I think he is getting all four of these teeth in right about now, the ones right next to the two that are each on top and bottom. He's talking up a storm and we're working hard on him saying things on his own instead of copying what Mommy and Daddy have him say. My favorite word of his right now is "Tasty." Mike's been teaching him that for awhile and its just so cute to hear him say it. He's still in love with cars, and dancing, and somehow incorporates dance moves into his regular walking too, yes, he's that awesome :).
I'm just getting used to where God has put me in this stage of life (working, school full time, etc) and learning to not take advantage of time, something I have been guilty of in the past. I'm really thankful to have a husband and dad who cares about family time as much as I do and strives to make bonding moments for us all the time!