Had a couple of great "little moments" this evening with Brayden. First one is the minute I walked in the door from work, he ran to me like he usually does and I picked him up, and right behind me there is one of Mike and I's wedding pictures and he pointed straight to the picture and said "Mommy!". Now, he's been able to say Mommy for months and months now, and known I am Mommy for just as long, but I've never heard him say it on his own about a picture of me before. We look at pictures all the time and say, thats Auntie or Grandma and Daddy and Grandpa and Pappy, and he repeats those back to me, or says them on his own a lot, but has never pointed at a pic of me before and said "Mommy" it just made my heart melt!
Then, we took my wonderful babysitter for the week home today, and had a 20 minute drive home, we turned off the radio and just talked, me and Brayden. We sang Itsy Bitsy Spider, and I was doing the hand motions one handed since I was driving and I look back, and Brayden is trying to do the spider with his hands! Another first! I loved it! I wish I had had my video camera on me because it was just to cute! He also practiced saying the entire alphabet with me too which he is getting good at! I tried to get a video the other day, but then he naturally didnt want to say it. Just wanted to remember these seemingly "small" moments forever!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
The little moments
Posted by The Kincaid Family at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Those little moments are so precious. Especially when you are a working mama:) Praying for you girl!
I can see how much you are treasuring all this time with him now, it goes by fast, but good job making them important! Get a 3 dollar notebook or journal and write down all these little moments. I didn't start one until this last year and wish I would have sooner! It will be fun to look back on! love you laura
Awwww so many milestones for Bray!! Love it :)
Post a Comment