Monday, April 19, 2010

Another wordy update

Now that I have gone back to work, I am finding I have less time to sit and put pictures on the computer and update the blog with them as I used too. I've still been taking some pictures, and in fact got some of my all time favorite pictures of Brayden last night during bath time, and will hopefully get them up soon. But in the meantime, you will all just keep getting wordy updates from me! Since we've been busy and I dont get as much phone time as I used too, blogging about whats going on with us makes me feel a little less guilty not getting to talk to people as much as I would like because at least you are all still in the loop!

We had a nice weekend this past couple days, it was busy, yet relaxing with no firm plans except for a date. I feel like it has been a few weekends since we have had some "laid back" time and I really soaked it up! Saturday we watched our niece and nephew and it was a beautiful day outside. I was able to make a pinecone bird feeder with Elijah (so fun to get to do some projects that Brayden is too young for but that I am itching to do) and we took the kids to the park. Brayden loves to just roam on his own and try to crawl up the slide. He gets frustrated when we try to help him and asserts his independence. He still loves the swing and doesnt love having to get off of it :). He also loves bubbles, loves to say "bubble" and loves to try to blow bubbles, he actually was able to blow a few bubbles a couple times this weekend to my surprise! Then later that evening, we dropped Bray off at Granma and Papi's and went out for a much overdue, much needed date! Nothing fancy which was even more what we needed, just some downtime to hang out together. We went to KFC and then the movies to see Clash of the Titans. We were not dissapointed at all, since we love action movies, me probably moreso than Mike! And what I LOVED about this movie is that even though it was an epic adventure movie much like Gladiator or Troy, they did not have one bit of nudity, not even a guy with his shirt off, only one or two cuss words, and no sex scenes! AMAZING! Our culture is so obsessed with over-sexualizing things that it was refreshing to be able to watch a movie without needing to look away or be disgusted! Then Mike and I went and did some late night grocery shopping, fun!! Yesterday was just a work on the house, hang out, and do homework kind of day, which was super enjoyable! I got some great time in with Brayden and with Mike! This week its more training for our 5K that is coming up! Can't believe Brayden is 21 months old today and in just 3 short months we will be celebrating his 2nd birthday! My oh my how time flies! That's it for now!

1 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Enjoyed the update! Thanks