Today, Mike, Brayden, and I went to Wild Island Waterpark in Sparks NV (about 2 hours away) with our neighbors/friends to celebrate one of their boy's 10th birthday! I kept going back and forth on whether or not we should go, mainly because I was worried about such a busy day for Brayden and not wanting him to be fussy or cranky the whole time. I am SO glad that we decided to go for it because we really could not have had a better day with Brayden and it's the most fun we have had in awhile! The park is big enough to keep you busy for the day, but small enough that it's easy to stick together and not get over-tired running around. For the early part of the day, Brayden and I hung out in the Kiddie pools which have various slides and sprayers and such. We've learned that Brayden doesnt like to get splashed unless he is the one doing the splashing, so mainly I just sat on he floor of the Kiddie Pool and let him "swim" with my help. We went down a couple slides together, which was a lot of fun! Thanks to going with our neighbors, Mike and I were able to go down some slides together, and also each of us with our friends while one or another person held and watched Brayden. Also, there is this awesome part of the park called the Lazy Lagoon where you can ride in a single or double intertube, and there are no rapids or splashing, you literally just float in a current that is just strong enoug hto push you along. Brayden and I floated in it for quite awhile in a single tube with him in my lap (in his lifevest) and it was a great cuddling time. Then he "swam" around it with Mike. I got some great shots of Mike and him playing in the Kiddie Pool and some other cool shots throughout the day that I will be putting up soon. Brayden fell asleep in his stroller towards the end of the day, and was seriously just a total gem the entire trip. We cant wait to take him when he is older! My favorite ride for the adult rides was called the Dragon Eye, where you ride with another person in a double tube through an enclosed slide, and then shoot into this bowl at the bottom where you circle 2-3 times until you get "flushed" out the bottom. It was a rush and I was glad to go 3 different times :). Now it's 10 at night, and I guess Brayden thinks he is a big boy for going to the waterpark, because he doesnt want to fall asleep :), goodnight everyone!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like fun :) He must have had fun if he was so excited to still be awake at 10!!
Wow...what a fun day for all of you! And great memories too! glad he did so well and we'll be looking forward to the pics...
Post a Comment