Brayden had his 4 month old checkup today with Dr. Gold and everything went great! He is now 13 lbs, 3.5 ozs and 25 inches long. Our Dr doesnt tell us the percentiles but he did tell us that Brayden is growing perfectly! Both Dr. Gold and the nurses were amazed by how much he moves, he seriously cannot lay or sit still at all, always gotta be wiggling and giggling! They all got a kick out of it and he was talking up a storm too! I asked about feeding Brayden rice cereal, and because he is in great weight and height and because of his sensitive tummy along with the fact that Mike has such a serious allergy to fish (I guess any parent allergy heightens the chance a baby will have an allergy) our Dr really wants us to wait to introduce any type of food until Bray is 6 months old, which is fine by me! I was excited to get out those baby spoons and actually get to feed him food with Mike, but its just something we get to keep looking forward too! Time is already going by way too fast, and he'll be 6 months before we know it!
Another funny little fact is that Brayden's feet are still turning in more than we, and our pediatrician, would like (something he has had since birth). We're still working on massaging them and turning them outwards whenever we get the chance, but Dr. Gold told me this morning that we need to get some regular baby shoes, and just put them on Brayden's little feeties....but....on the wrong feeties! Yup, our little guy is going to look so funny with his right shoe on his left foot and vice versa, but he's so cute, he can pull it off ;)! This is supposed to help them turn out even more! We're trying to do what we can when he is this young so that he doesnt need any corrective measures taken when he gets older! Hope it works! Once we get him some shoes that fit his little feeties, we'll get plenty of pictures to share with you!
The munchkin did get 4 shots today and one oral vaccine and he did great. He only cried for a second and then started smiling and talking again. Of course, as soon as we got home, he started feeling the affects of the shots and getting fussy so I gave him some tylenol and he is resting hopefully comfortably! That's it for now! Have a good day!



2 comments:
check out the stride rite outlet store in Camarillo. The outlet store sells the shoes for half the price because they are last years models. I buy Claire's shoes at a stride rite outlet and I get shoes for $25 that are normally $45+. Plus, they have a sale section where you can find shoes for even cheaper (like $10-$13). Stirde rites are good quality shoes that are not made with man made materials so Brayden's feet can 'breath'. Just thought that would help.
you know I'm glad you are sharing the shoe story because I have noticed other babies that are really small with their shoes on like that and now I will understand why and be more sensitive to it in the future. It's good to spread awareness;).
Post a Comment