Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Half Birthday

to our dear little Brayden! We love him so much! I didn't get any pictures of him yesterday because we had a White Out and all our power was out the entire day. That made for an exciting day! Brayden was amazing and just so happy all day long. He took a super long nap, and he played and played and played with us all day long! Brayden is doing amazing at reading and will imitate words that we read all the time. His favorite book right now is the "Things That Go" book from his cousin Ben. Thank you Ben for sharing that book with Brayden! We love you! Brayden can say tractor, plane, car, bus, big truck, and choo choo pretty well! With only four teeth, I know, they're taking their time, Brayden has a hard time pronouncing a lot of things, but he sure tries his hardest and is really taking off with his talking. He says "I love you" all the time, and just yesterday, said it to me for the first time without me saying it first or coaxing him at all. He also knows how to say "I love Mom-eee" and "I love Dad-eee" and "I love Doggies" which is so cute!!! He's walking all the time now, actually, running. He's just such a joy and everyone always has the SWEETEST things to say about him! He is still obsessed with Cars, both the movie, and all his hot wheels and tonka trucks. He plays with them all the time, ALL the time. First thing he does in the morning is walk to the drawer they are in and open it and get them all out. We've also noticed a very interesting and smarty pants talent Brayden has! Brayden lines all his cars up the same way. There is never one that is out of place or facing a different direction. Also, we did a test on Brayden, and took him out of the room, and moved one car the opposite way, and as soon as he comes back, he goes straight to the cars, notices the one that is different, and immediately changes it. We did it numerous times and he did it everytime. He also does the same thing if we flip them the opposite direction when they are going on his racetrack. I love that he does this and we just think its so interesting! We're loving everyday of watching him grow and just cherish this family time so much! Love you Brayden!

3 comments:

ElissaM said...

what a cutie! Sounds like a little boy if you ask me. You should get some videos of him saying his words! I love hearing different renditions of words from little kids. I will never get over how logan said truck "fruck"! Can't believe how old he is getting and he is so adorable! Love it!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update seester! :) Hmmmm wish it wasn't snowing so hard there...I can't get down there in all that snow to see you guys!!! Well once the weather is better we will have to get together, it's been way too long since we've seen you guys!

Shannon said...

I remember reading that book with Ben every day for quite some time. I will definitely tell Ben that Brayden likes the book. :-)