Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Parents,...


get a post :). (Boring compared to the Brayden posts, I know ;) )


Let's see what's new with us....Mike has roughly 7 WEEKS left in the Academy! He is doing really well and getting amped up for the tests to be over (at the end of this month) and getting more hands on training like shooting, and driving! It's so much fun to see him so excited to be doing this and a real comfort to my heart knowing he has picked a profession that makes him happy and fulfilled! He wouldn't like me posting this next part because he doesnt like all the attention and is really humble about this, but Mike also made Squad Sergeant for the 3rd and final time! (They break the Academy time into 3 leadership sections). Mike is the only person in the Academy to do that during this class and there are only 2 people who ranked higher, by being lieutenant once each, and squad sergeant twice each. It will look great on his resume and just speaks volumes about his integrity, leadership, and hardwork! Other than all that stuff, he's doing great, enjoying Football season as much as he can being a Raiders fan ;) and just plugging away at school; he rocks :)!

I'm much more boring to no one's surprise. Since getting back from Virginia, I've just been getting back into Cali time and our various routines. We are BLESSED to have finally found our home church up here, Lake Almanor Community Church (http://www.lacconline.org/) and are starting to get plugged in. Well, as much as we can with Mike's full schedule and me, carless. I attended our church's MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers and younger kids) group for the first time this week and really enjoyed the fellowship with other moms! It's great meeting new people! Also, last night I was able to attend the first Parenting Class in a series that our head Pastor is leading! Mike and I are praying he will be able to attend the classes in the future and if not, we'll go through the notes I take at home together! Should be a lot of fun! Here's the book we're doing:

Other than those things, I've just been enjoying my time at home being a wife and mommy!

0 comments: