Sunday, August 17, 2008

4 weeks old already!

Where does the time go? On Tuesday Brayden will be exactly 1 month old already and we cant believe it!
It's been a busy last few days here in the Kincaid house!
Brayden had his 4 week check up on Friday with Dr. Gold and we are happy to report that Brayden weighed in at 8 lbs and 6 ounces and is right on track for height and head circumference too! He got his 2nd hepatitis B shot and came through like a champ, even got a cool Looney Tunes bandaid, and had to have his little belly button carterized again with silver nitrate because of the gramuola that he has. I looked it up online, and its not dangerous as long as he gets the silver nitrate treatments, and should go away after this last treatment! Thankfully it doesnt hurt him at all! Our Dr. recommended we still keep Brayden in most of the time and not try to brave going out too many places yet as he has had two of his newborn patients had to be hospitalized in the last couple of weeks with illnesses! We definetely dont want that for our little guy, so we'll be waiting to go anywhere with him for awhile still! (Besides family members' houses!)
Also, Brayden got to meet his Aunt Shannon, cousin Ben, Auntie Sarah, and Uncle Brian yesterday! Lots of visitors all in one day and he loved all the attention! In fact, to our surprise, he stayed awake for Auntie Sarah and Uncle Brian's almost whole visit!! He slept great last night which was awesome for Mommy and Daddy!
And today, its just been me and the little guy, as Daddy had watch today on base :(! We definetely miss him a ton and I'm post poning going to bed for as long as I can since I hate going to bed without him! Brayden did have kind of a rough day today and was pretty gassy and was having a hard time pooping but thankfully is feeling better tonight!!!
Auntie Sarah and Uncle Brian got to get a peek at how much Bray likes to squirm around and move his head too! We still have yet to get a really good video of him rolling over to post for everyone, hopefully soon! I got some really cute pictures from bathtime the other day and some other cute pics to post once I have time to download them to the computer! I just wanted to update everyone on whats new with us!
Cant wait for Grandma Jessup to get here this week and then go up and see all of the Kincaid side of our family at the end of the month too! Lots of fun and excitement for the three of us! Love to you all!

1 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Look forward to seeing you Friday. You need to post pictures of the little guy! I'm sure he's changed sooo much!