Friday, September 21, 2007

My Sweet Hubby

So Mike and I were sitting at home talking last night about love, and what it is and what it isnt, and the way the world loves, the way that so many people in marriages love each other isn't at all what God created it to be. Mike was talking about how love sacrifices and gives, without even thinking of how much it's sacrificing, or how much it's giving, just being completely selfless, and he said one of the sweetest things ever, that I just cant stop thinking about, he said,

"Love is like having the Raiders (Mike's favorite football team) get to the Superbowl, and having one of my best friends have tickets to the game and invite me to go, but the day comes for us to go, and I find out you have to walk home by yourself, and I choose not to go so I can walk you home, not because you need me too, or expect me too, but because I want to, and because I want to be with you and I dont want you to have to walk alone."

I just thought that was so sweet because of how much he meant beyond what he could say. Knowing he wouldnt ever do that so he could hold it in my face that I gave it up for you, but being completely selfless, and in love with me so much that there is really nothing he would rather do than be there for me. To me, thats an awesome portrayal of what true love is... and yes, he made me cry!!

1 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Very sweet! :) You guys are really cute together!